Sunday, August 2, 2009

My first Magnolia Card & 3 Challenges

Morning everyone. It is a miserable, cold & rainy day here in Dundee today. Perfect for being inside and being crafty. I got 2 parcels in the post yesterday, one from my very sweet friend Paola, and the other my birthday parcel from 7Kids. So needless to say I have loads of new stamps & images to create with. Wonderful!!

The card I am posting today, actually qualifies for 3 challenges!! The layout is based on the Friday Sketch over at Prairie Paper & Ink, and as is the norm it is a lovely sketch. I am also going to post this card over at the Simon Says & Magnolia Sites, both of them had Distressing as their challenges for the week. I used Tim Holtz distress ink to age & distress the background of the card, and I also inked the edges of the beige cuttlebugged piece on the card. I used one of the images Paola so generously stamped for me.

Here is the sketch:


And my card & close-up:



Hope you are all cozy, warm & being crafty!

9 comments:

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card! I love the magnolia stamp- she looks so vibrant. The flowers and pearls are so elegant and the rich colors and lovely stripes give the card a cozy, comforting feel. Great job!!!!

Cariena said...

RENE!! you have outdone yourself! i am so happy to know you! i am desperate to enter challenges, but i only still have my JANEL girl! i am now going CRAZY waiting for new stamps and images! i love the Tilda. i also like the nestibility and the colour scheme! i do hope you win!!!

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card. I love the layout from the sketch and your Tilda is coloured beautifully.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the SSC DT x

suzARTe said...

this card is just gorgeous, great interpritation of the sketch. love the central image.

Harrods creations said...

Ooh she's just so cute. Gorgeous card.

Kimberly said...

This is adorable! Love the pearls and your beautiful coloring!

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your choice of beautiful colours and wonderful details x

Bev said...

Meant to say I'm a Durban girl born and bred, been living in the UK for 20 years now.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is too cute!! I love love love the papers!!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph