Monday, December 14, 2009

I got an Award

Morning. I received a lovely award from a fellow DT girl Michelle. Thanks very much Michelle. I also received 2 other awards recently from Cariena & Michelle, but didn't reply to theirs. Sorry girls, really appreciate the thought though. Now that the boys are on holiday (and both are playing at friends houses right now), I am able to find the time to answer the questions that go along with these awards. So here is the award I received:


And my questions & answers:

With this award I have to answer these questions and pass it on to 5 other exceptional Bloggers.

Your cell phone? Nokia
Your hair? Wavy & dirty blond
Your mother? In Pennington
Your father? Don’t know where he is. Just as well I think!!
Your favorite food ? Baked goods
Your dream last night? A weird one about an ex friend of mine
Your favorite drink? Tea
Your dream/goal? For my life to continue just as it is!
What room are you in? The family lounge/hobby room
Your hobby? Knitting, scrapbooking & cardmaking
Your fear? Something bad happening to one of my children
Where do you want to be in 6 years? Right here
Where were you last night? Home
Something that you aren't? Unhappy
Muffins? Yes please
Wish list item? Overseas travel
Where did you grow up? Scottburgh in KZN
Last thing you did? Spun some singles on my spinning wheel
What are you wearing? Cords, white long sleeve top & a scarf I spun & knitted
Your TV? Crime channel or any sport
Your Pets? Billy – dog, Socks - cat
Friends? Not very many
Your life? Full & just how I like it
Your mood? Content
Missing someone? Poppy
Vehicle? Nissan X-Trail
Something you're not wearing? My wedding ring
Your favorite store? Scrapbooking shops
Your favorite color? Brown
When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday
Last time you cried? A while back
Your best friend? My husband Ray
One place that you go to over and over? My knitting & spinning room
Facebook? Yes, but I don’t go there very often
Favorite place to eat? A lovely lodge here in town which is surrounded by a game park with lots of lovely animals in it.

Now passing something like this on is difficult because I would love to give it to lots of wonderful people out there, but here are my chosen five, Check out their blogs.

Sharon
Paola
Linda
Debbie
Meahni

And here is a photo of my latest knitting project. It's going to be the Travelling Fern Lace Scarf, which is a free pattern that is available at Ravelry. It is a really lovely pattern to knit, and of course knitting it with my own homespun is even better!!


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Rene,thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely Award. This is so kind of you. Nice getting to know you better. You're a busy lady these days. Your knitting is fab. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and may God's richest blessings be yours. Hugs Sharon

celia said...

Ik kom via Sharon's blog effe bij je binnen...wat voor mooie werkjes staan er op jouw blog!Gefeliciteerd!Ook met je award!
Warme groeten uit het koude ;0) Belgïe, Celia

Linda said...

Hello Rene'
Congratulations for all the awards you have received!

It was lovely to read your answers to those questions. Thank you so much for passing on the award to me you are so kind:)

Your scarf is looking so beautiful, isn't knitting something with wool you have spun yourself just amazing.

Have a lovely day my friend and a wonderful Christmas:)

Warmly

Linda

Sarah said...

Well deserved award. Your artistic creativity is truly inspiring. Ditto on the scarf...there is nothing better to show off those glorious lacy stitchery than your own handspun! LOVE the color richness, fitting for the holiday :D

Blessings,
Sarah
Remembering reason for the season