Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Finished Quilt

Hey there. Just wanted to share some photos of a quilt I finished in October, and am only getting to post about it now!! I am totally in love with this quilt and have in on my bed, I love walking past it and just running my hand over the stitching. I love this feeling of satisfaction and pride in a item that I have spent hours and hours on!!

The quilt is based on the pattern "Jelly Filled" by Thimble Blossoms. Camille Roskelley is my quilting Hero and she is the one that initially got me interested in quilting through her amazing blog SIMPLIFY. Do yourself a favour, go and check it out.

The fabric I used on this quilt is Awesome by Sandy Gervais. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric!!

So here is my quilt:





(CLICK ON EACH IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW)

I am linking this post to FABRIC TUESDAY over at Quiltstory, another gorgeous quilting blog!!!

Thanks for stopping by, I would love to know what you think??

22 comments:

Mary said...

Love this quilt! It looks so warm, puffy, inviting, textured...no wonder you like running your hands over it!

Unknown said...

This makes me think of hiking in the woods at fall. I can smell the warm earth falling to sleep when I look at it. Just yummy...thanks for sharing

Jolanda said...

wow Rene,this is very very pretty!!!

LisaAnn said...

That is a very lovely quilt! I like the texture look it has, very pretty!

LisaAnn said...

That is a very lovely quilt! I like the texture look it has, very pretty!

Carol said...

I like the colors and simply lines of this quilt. I think your kids have the right idea!

My Fabric Tuesday link is http://carolburris.com/crafting/new-purse/

felicity said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Happy Fabric Tuesday!

A Consuming Passion said...

Congratulations Rene' your quilt is a stunner!!!
I've been a quilter for some years now The way you feel when you see your quilt is probably the reason most quilters spend hours cutting large pieces of fabric, reoganizing it and sewing it together again!!!!
Hope you make many more!

ursula Uphof said...

A stunning piece of work Rene.

Kylie said...

WOW Rene,
Your quilt is STUNNING!!!
Love the colours of the fabric and the design is gorgeous!
Beautiful work, Rene!

Take Care, hugs,
Kylie X

Sharon said...

Oh Rene, you clever girl. Just love this quilt of yours. Well done, you have every reason to feel proud of yourself. I'd probably also run my hand over it each time I walked past it. STUNNING! TFS, hugs Sharon

van Rensburg said...

Hi Rene - Your quilt is fabulous. It's quite inspiring. I love the assistance you got with it too!!! from the litl-lee!!! :-)
Blessings from Sharon van Rensburg - P.E.

Rene Sharp said...

Thanks so much for all the lovely feedback, I REALLY do appreciate it!!!

Jessica Navarro said...

Gorgeous Quilt!!!!! It looks absolutely fabulous on your bed!

Alicia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The quilting really enhances the whole look! Fantastic!

karen said...

what beautiful quilt!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

What a gorgeous quilt and i LOVE the colors :)

Unknown said...

Looks great. The colours are so earthy and lovely. xo m.

Melissa Plank said...

Pretty, I love your colors!

prettydreamer said...

very lovely ... have a wonderful weekend!

K said...

I love the feeling of a finished new quilt. Congrats!

Quiltstory said...

Gorgeous! Love the little helper too! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!