Thursday, October 25, 2012

A simple card with the SEPTEMBER DT kit from SCRAPBOOK STUDIO!!

Hello, I am back today with my last tutorial for SCRAPBOOK STUDIO, and this time it is a card!!!


STEP 1:
I use a piece of white cardstock included in the kit and my Martha Stewart Score Pad to score a line down the centre of the card.



STEP 2:
I cut strips of paper using the various different patterned papers included in the kit.



STEP 3:
I trim them in varying lengths and adhere them to the white base in a bit of a staggered pattern.


STEP 4:
I cut a 4cm strip of blue paper, and keep it at a length of 30cm. I score a line at every ¼”. 



STEP 5:
I fold along every score line in a zig-zag pattern. 


STEP 6:
I then manipulate the paper into a rosette shape. The paper tends to jump around a bit, but just be firm with it!!



STEP 7:
Stick the two ends together with some double sided tape.



STEP 8:
I use a large glue dot to secure the centre of the rosette.





I added some punched stars, and a little bit of machine stitching. I also punched two different sized circles to add to the centre of the rosette. I finished it off with the “hello” sentiment and some green ink around the edges.



There were so many yummy goodies included in this kit, if you would like to order it (or more info on the kit), email Scrapbook Studio at this address: sales@scrapbookstudio.co.za with September DT kit in the Subject Line.

SCRAPBOOK STUDIO is really my fave place to shop, I am not just saying that because I am on their DT, but it's because they stock a wide range of lovely goodies at great prices, and they give awesome service. Please take the time to stop by the shop HERE.

No comments: