Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FO: Shalom Cardigan

I knitted this cardi as part of a KAL my friend Linda hosted. I have been wanting to knit this pattern for years and I am so glad I did. I might just have to knit it again, I enjoyed it so much!! I am super happy with the way it turned out, and it fits like a glove. Now here's hoping the weather is cooler tomorrow (as the weather-man promised!) so I can wear it :)

I used Elle Earth DK in the colourway Mud Flats held double and used a 5.5mm needle. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Shalom is a free pattern available on Ravelry HERE.




Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope I have inspired you to pick up your knitting needles :)

10 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Rene' how gorgeous your cardi is!! I love it!
xo xo
Linda

Jolanda said...

Wow René,that's a cool one!
Pretty work dear!
x

CathQuillScrap said...

This is such a clever idea.... thanks for the inspiration... I might just get out those needles... was actually thinking about knitting this morning even!

Sharon said...

Beautiful Rene. Just been browsing through your blog again and I've missed a lot in my absence. Lovely pics honey! hugs Sharon x

Ella Swan said...

Wow wow wow!! No I am resisting the urge to knit because as it is I don't have enough time to scrap!! Beautiful job :)

Susan Nel said...

hi rene, i downloaded that pattern awhile ago and want to knit it too,,any snags to the pattern or tips you can give me? did you knit the whole pattern with 2 strings of wool to make it more chunky?

Susan Nel said...

oops sorry, wanted to say its gorgeous!!!

Melissa Plank said...

Your cardigan turned out lovely, I'll be adding that pattern to my queue! Have a great weekend!

karen said...

wow, it looks so nice on you, just beautiful

Andria said...

I love your cardigan, it is beautiful! I want to knit that pattern too, I'm glad to hear it is so nice. Well done!