Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A day in the sun....

I am still playing myself silly with my Silhouette, it is fantastic what this machine can do!!!!

So while I am in the zone, I decided to create a page for the July sketch over at My Creative Sketches, I thought it was perfect for a series of pool photos I took of my hubby and boys in February this year.




I absolutely LOVE these photos, and can't believe it's taken me so long to scrap them!!! The title, stars and "so cool" speech bubble were all cut with my Silhouette. I used Water Cooler & Powder Blue Mister Huey's Color Mists as well as some Studio Calico patterned paper on my layout, as well as the lovely word stamp which you can see in the right hand corner of the bottom photo. It is from the Ali Edwards "Family Circle" set of stamps. These products were all bought from SCRAPBOOK STUDIO.

Here is the sketch that my layout was based on:


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog again today. I just wanted to say "thank-you" so much for any comments that may be left on my blog, I really do appreciate them so so much. Enjoy the rest of your today, it's a gorgeous one in our neck of the woods :)

8 comments:

Veronica Goh said...

Great take on the sketch!! Love the photos, and also how you did the title.

Sondra said...

Your title is the absolute bomb!!! I really like how you used the series of photos instead of just one. And that tower is MIGHTY IMPRESSIVE!!!

Izzy Anderson said...

I love these photos too. Super cute. What a great page. The title work looks terrific.

Jolaine Frias said...

These photos are soooo much fun! Great page. Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge, good luck!

Melissa Vettorel said...

Wow...what a fabulous page. I absolutely love the photos. Thanks for playing along with us!!

Unknown said...

I love this page - the fun just jumps of the page. I have never done any scrapbooking before but have been given the opportunity to try out software and will definately be giving it a go.

Shell said...

such a fun cute page! Luv the repeat of photos! Lucky u having a silhouette! I have one on my wish list!! Thanx for playing at My Creative Sketches

Jodi said...

Great take on the sketch!! love those photos!Thanks for playing along at My Creative Sketches!