Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Project Life: Week 11/04-17/04

NapTime MomTog Project 365



Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog to view my Project Life photos today. I am so happy that you are here :)


MONDAY: Jamie enjoying an afternoon nap. As he gets older he is sleeping less. He normally has a little doze in the car on the way out to Uelzen, but today he obviously was super busy at school!!


TUESDAY: After a very long wait I finally got my compost heap installed. This is another one of the things I am super excited about as part of my "better living" drive. We all get involved with throwing the appropriate things in here every day. I look forward to when it is ready so I can use some in my garden!!


WEDNESDAY: Jamie was about to have a pee in the bushes when he shrieked!! He is quite intimidated by these rather large grasshoppers. I am not a huge fan either, but he/she was quite majestic, so I had to take a photo!


THURSDAY: This is the beautiful sight that greeted us on the way out to Uelzen for the boys' parents evening. It was gorgeous!! It was a great evening with rave reviews from both boys' teachers. So happy that they are both doing well academically!


FRIDAY: It was caramel coated donuts for us for afternoon tea today. I thought it would be fun to set up a little photo shoot of us all taking a bit into our donuts. I used my tripod . So happy with the way this turned out. I need to do this more often so I can be in more of the photos this year!


SATURDAY: Ray is an X-Boxer, last year he was into it in a huge way, but this year not so much. I love that he has a hobby, and am always happy for him when he finds a good game.


SUNDAY: Today was a lovely cool and chilly day. I LOVE to garden when the weather is like this :) After reading my new Country Homes & Interiors mag in the bath last night I got a bee in my bonnet to try and make the area around my compost heap a little prettier, I am really happy with the way it turned out!

Hope you are having a lovely week so far. Thanks for dropping by, I loved having you here :)

15 comments:

bluestorm said...

Hey Ne'
Gorgeous photo's as always - the sky shot is epic. Love the family shot with the donuts too! Geoff is still loving the game that Ray recommended - I've become a gaming widow! But it really is awesome that they have a great hobby.
Enjoy your week.
Love you!
Noon

Sharon said...

Always a lovely read Rene, super pics and it's ages since I've seen a grasshopper that side... last was when we lived in the old Transvaal... I hated them too...urgh!!! Thanks for sharing and keep these pages rolling, a lovely read. Have a super week my friend. I am taking those 3 days leave next week to make it a 10 days holiday...yayyyy!!! hugs Sharon xoxo

Ella Swan said...

Lovely post Rene! Love how your compost patch is looking - inside & out!! Remember to layer dirt/soil all over your compost every so often & water it, it also needs turning. I used to have one in Zim, really need to get one organised for here, you shall be my inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for compost. Wonderful photos this week. That grasshopper is HUGE! Thanks for linking up.

slkooiman said...

I'm always in awe of your photos, Rene. So gorgeous!

packmom said...

Wonderful shots. Love the donut one and the grasshopper--very cool!

Susan said...

Wow...your pictures just get better and better Rene'.

Wednesday was off the charts...

How do you get that that large?

Have a blessed day my friend♥

Nicolle Kramer said...

Your photos are incredible! I love the grasshopper one..wow such detail...looks like a healthy booger..I think its awesome making your own compost...:)

dawn said...

I love the photo of you and your boys, you should do it more often. What a great picture of the grasshopper, funny story with it. Great pictures. Have a good week and wonderful Easter with your family.

Jackie said...

Beautiful photos. I love the donut one! ;)

Amanda said...

I LOVE Thursday's picture--so frameworthy! Thanks for sharing :)

Rebecca in CO said...

I enjoyed reading your 'Project Life' post, Rene. Jamie's grasshopper shriek when he was about to pee in the bushes echoed all the way over to my side of the planet.... :-)

Your project to beautify your compost pile is brilliant!

Alison said...

Great pics Rene...and I would have shrieked at that grasshopper too!
Alison xx

Bernadine said...

Rene you Thursday photo is stunning.

Christie said...

Fantastic shots!!! That close up of the grasshopper is quite something. Have a great week!